December 20, 2008

Khayelitsha - A New Home

Since February, my expansive front yard has been a construction zone, first building a new rondavel and then re-thatching the old rondavels. Now, however, everything is done and the best part of it all - besides that I can rehang my hammock - is that I have a new home.
It is, I must say, an exceptional place to live. I hemmed and hawed for quite some time about whether to move out of my old rondavel. The major stumbling block was that my old rondavel had a respectably high shower head and the shower head in the new place is pretty low. (You might not think this is a big deal but when you are as tall as I am, major decisions can center on factors such as these.) What finally convinced me to move was the wonderfully large new kitchen, which more than makes up for the height of the shower head.

Yet one more reason to come visit me - you get to see my new place.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Glad to hear that you finally made up your mind--I affirm your decision!

Unknown said...

I was tickled to see the blue ruffle bed skirt!
Janet Coyne

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you definitely could use the big kitchen! Glad to hear the move was good!