October 18, 2008

A New CD

Last month, many of you who saw me in action purchased a copy of the Itipini Choir CD, made about two years ago. The money from the sale of those CDs is going towards another CD and for a variety of reasons, that new CD is to be recorded in just two weeks.

Fortunately, the choir has been rehearsing for quite some time and on Friday we had a bit of a dry run so we could decide which songs to put on the CD. It was a great rehearsal.
Jenny got mobbed by quite a few children who kept wanting to see what was going on.

Some of you may recall that a while back, I lent a hand to the choir-directing business. I am trying to take a hands-off approach to this project, in part because Mkuseli has things so well under control but mostly because they sound so good already I’m doubtful I could contribute anything. But I have had a hand in the list of songs and am hoping my Bement heritage shines through on one or two numbers.

We’re headed down the coast to a town called Grahamstown to record the CD - should be a great road trip!

And as a treat for all of you, I managed to upload some video! I had to keep them short so I wouldn't be in the Internet cafe all day uploading them and they are not as good as hearing it in real life, but still pretty good.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it but please put on more vidoes