August 5, 2008

Happy Birthday… to me!

I’ve never been big on having birthday parties for myself but the impending anniversary of my birth gave me the opportunity to do something I’ve wanted to do for a while - invite the Itipini staff over to my house and say goodbye to everyone before I take my break from Mthatha. Under beautiful, warm skies, about 30 of us (staff and family were invited) had a great afternoon in my front yard, eating hamburgers, potato salad, and birthday cake. I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.


2 comments:

Joe and Anna said...

When I sent that email I had no idea it was your birthday but happy birthday. Joe and I are working on starting a blog and were looking at other people's to get some ideas and I thought I would try yours. It's very inspiring. Anyway, happy birthday again.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, dear nephew! Blessed be the day you were born, and also blessed be you, who were born on that special day. And this year, especially: 08-08-08!.

Love, JAZ