April 22, 2008

This is neat

There's a school in Maryland that is having a fundraiser for Itipini and African Medical Mission on Saturday at Barnes & Noble. Basically, as I understand it, a portion of the the purchase price of the book comes to us. And I believe this works at any B&N across the country. So if you were thinking about buying some new books, Saturday is a good day to do it. You can download the vouchers and read more about the fundraising on the web site of the St. Timothy's Girls School.

This might also be a good time to mention that I have just finished reading a new book, Sizwe's Test (called Three-Letter Plague in South Africa) about HIV in rural South Africa. It is easily one of the best books I have read in the last five years. If you are at all interested in HIV in Africa, the challenges confronting HIV treatment, the kind of people I work with every day, you should read this book. It is unbelievably good.

0 comments: