February 6, 2008

A Travesty of Justice

This news will likely come as no surprise to faithful readers who recall those halcyon days when I was a lead-foot ambulance driver but it came as a shock to me. I got a speeding ticket!

It’s my first one ever and came on the way back from my trip to Stephen’s ordination in December. Some camera took a picture of me going 84 km/h in a 60 km/h zone and I now owe 300 rand, about a tenth of my monthly stipend. I was going to try to blame my fellow missionary Matt, who drove part of the trip, but in the picture it is a very clear that I am driving. I could plead ignorance of the charges as the ticket is mostly in Afrikaans.

On the plus side, I guess this is a good sign that I’m finally used to driving stick shift on the left-hand side of the road.

2 comments:

Jody Zink said...

So, the first of the Zink brothers finally gets pulled over...nearly ten years of clean driving down the drain.

I win! Actually, let's see if I can go that long without getting pulled over or getting ticketed.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, what a shock, I am amazed that you actually made it outside of Nome with no tickets that long. You should probably just come home and drive ambulances.. or try out for NASCAR